It’s time to ROCK TO THE BEAT!

19 Sep

Alright, kids! It is time to shake off that “case of the Mondays” and get AMPED for your week! A good attitude and a great workout on a Monday can really help you set the tone for the rest of the week. Even though it is raining cats and dogs here, I am still getting psyched up for my dreadmill happymill run and yoga that is on tap for tonight. Breaking a sweat and then getting long and lean. Great combo!

Some of you may not have woken up on the obnoxiously perky side of the bed like I did this morning, and that is a-okay. That does not mean I will not try my best to pull it out of you! Hopefully, I have something in store for you that will get you in great spirits and pumped for your run workouts this week!

I have teamed up with the awesome DJ’s over at Rock My Run to compile a 75-minute easy/tempo running playlist to keep you running and rocking. All songs on the playlist were hand-picked by me. In fact, the entire playlist is built off of songs from my own list of running songs that you can find here.

This pop/rock mix starts out around 120bpm (beats per minute) to get you warmed up and ready for your run. The middle of the mix peaks around 140bpm which will keep you at around an 11:00-minute mile and then slowly tapers back down to a 120bpm cool-down. The length of this mix, coupled with the bpm, make it a perfect easu and steady playlist for half or full marathon training or those looking to incorporate a run/walk technique into their training. In addition, both guys and girls will find something in this mix that appeals to them. It is an ideal mix of great dance beats and rocking tunes!

What are you waiting for? Click the link below to head over to Rock My Run and download the katieRUNSthis Rock to the Beat mix (for FREE!) right now!

ROCK TO THE BEAT
75 minute running playlist

Be sure and leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

21 Responses to “It’s time to ROCK TO THE BEAT!”

1. Sean September 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM #

Awesome stuff! Can’t wait to try some of these mixes out on my next runs.

2. Katie A. September 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM #

Awesome! Thanks!

3. littlegreengoddess September 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM #

PERFECT timing! I was planning on making a new playlist today, but this is way better! :)

• katieRUNSthis September 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM #

Yay! And its FREE! Woot ! This is a perfect mix for a new(er) runner! I hope you like it! Be sure and tell me how you like it!

4. Jenn September 19, 2011 at 2:10 PM #

Thank you! I have been rethinking my playlists the last few days…and I can’t wait to run to this later this week! Much better than what I was trying to come up with on my own.

5. Kristyn G September 19, 2011 at 3:36 PM #

love it!! thanks Katie!

6. Elizabeth Shaw (@seelizzietri) September 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM #

Love it! Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to try it out tomorrow (if the legs are feeling up to it!)

• katieRUNSthis September 20, 2011 at 9:20 AM #

Definitely let me know what you thought of it!!!

7. Precious Capreol (@pcapreol) September 20, 2011 at 6:37 AM #

hello! i recently started following you and reading your blog and you are so motivating! then yesterday when i saw you posted this, it clinched it. the rockmyrun mix you made is going to keep me going this week!! i’m a newbie runner training for my first 1/2 in dec, and you are inspiring! thank you.

• katieRUNSthis September 20, 2011 at 9:13 AM #

Thanks for following and thanks for reading!! I hope you really like the mix! I tried to pick some songs that I thought most people would like…some old stuff, some newer stuff, some pop, and some rock. That is awesome that you are training for your first half marathon in December! Way to go! What race are you running?

• Precious Capreol (@pcapreol) September 22, 2011 at 6:20 AM #

I ran to your mix yesterday and it was awesome and really kept me going. I’m running the Vegas RnR 1/2. :)

8. Jo Anna Leuck September 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM #

I have never posted before, but I just wanted to thank you for the running mix! It was awesome!! Perfect mix, perfect tempo. Love, love. Thanks again!!

9. Ashley September 20, 2011 at 8:27 PM #

That is so awesome! Thanks! I’ve already downloaded it and can’t wait to use it. I don’t run 75 minutes but I def. needed some upbeat songs to keep me going:]

• katieRUNSthis September 21, 2011 at 7:26 AM #

I really hope you like it! Let me know what you think!

10. Haley September 26, 2011 at 3:58 PM #

Just downloaded- looking forward to trying it out
    I had most songs already but it will be nice not have to skip through songs to get there!

11. Meghan Roach (@MegRoach) October 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM #

I just downloaded this and can’t wait to run with this later! Oh your blog is amazing. I am have only every glanced at it on my phone but I finally looked you up while on my computer. What an inspiration you are. I just ran my first half last weekend and look forward to more!

12. Glynnis Thompson November 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM #

I listened to half of it this morning while I was getting ready for work. We’ll see how it works out for the runs.

13. Melissa Straw Smith November 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM #

wow! Thank you so much! Running a 5k Saturday… and you just made one thing on my to do list super easy! Thanks again!

14. cp February 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM #

you mentioned that it is free but after registering I am asked to buy credits in order to download…..????

15. mary y July 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM #

Hi, Just found your blog today. Tried to download the mix for my 5k race tomorrow, but looks like it’s no longer free? Anything we need to do?

16. mary y July 20, 2012 at 5:13 PM #

Hi, Just found your blog today. Tried to download the mix, but looks like it’s no longer free? Anything we need to do like plug in a special code to get it for free? The playlist looks awesome! Thank you.