This week I bring you the RunLove Compression Socks from Runningskirts.com! While my love for compression wear is no secret, this is my first foray into compression socks. I have several pairs of compression calf sleeves and have recently also tried out compression ankle sleeves, but I was really excited about the compression socks. In the heat of the summer, I have been dealing with a fair amount of ankle and foot swelling during and shortly after my runs and I was hoping that full compression socks would be just the ticket to help keep it at bay!
I was right! They work exactly as hoped!
At first they felt a little snug and I was worried that they might actually make my feet fall asleep. Since I have worn calf sleeves before I was used to the tightness around my calf but the tightness around my foot took me a minute to get used to. I suppose I am just so used to regular running socks, but the thin, lighter material felt really snug around my foot, especially in my arch. I will say that since they were thinner, I had to lace my shoes tighter to keep them from slipping up and down on my heel, but that was not an inconvenience at all.
I wore them on a couple of different runs…one outdoor easy run and one indoor speed workout on the treadmill. In neither environment did I find the socks to make my legs too hot, itchy, or anything like that. Quite contrarily, I found that I felt zippier on my feet and my legs had a bit more spring to them.
If you aren’t familiar with the benefits of compression therapy, let me give you a quick run-down… (no pun intended!)
* Compression socks specifically aid in the circulation of blood in the legs and feet.
* Increased circulation brings much-needed nutrients and oxygenated blood into the legs and feet.
* Thus, many runners feel their legs experience invigoration in their lower legs, allowing them to push harder and farther.
* Compression therapy can also reduce the amount of damage suffered to the legs during runs and can help regenerate damaged tissues during the post-run recovery phase.
Beyond all the physical benefits, the Running Skirts RunLove Compression Socks are just down-right adorable! C’mon, tell me they aren’t cute!? I love the heart on the side because I can be fashionable, yet practical at the same time! In fact, several women at my run group the other night asked me where I got them!
Have I convinced you of their awesomeness yet? Yes? Alright!! Well, now it is time for you to try and win a pair of your own! Here are the details…each one of the following gets one entry. Leave me a comment below for each one that you do. The giveaway will run until Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 5:00PM CST with the winner being announced on Friday, September 2, 2011. (The winner will be selected via Random.org.)
* Follow Running Skirts on Twitter…@Running_Skirts!
* Like Running Skirts on Facebook!
* Follow me on Twitter…@katieRUNSthis!
* Send out a Tweet about the giveaway! (Be sure to include @katieRUNSthis, @Running_Skirts, and a short link to this blog…http://bit.ly/qTYxQ3)
* Hop over to my friend Katye’s blog, Long Legs On The Loose…show her some blog love because she rocks the RunLove Compression Socks too!
And as I have said before…it would be cool if you decided to subscribe to katieRUNSthis, but you don’t have to. But, if you do, I’ll add you to my list of super awesome people that I like…which, I might add, is a pretty prestigious list to be on.
What are you waiting for? Get started on your entries! GO GO GO!